Financial co-production help from the Canarian Government
The Regional Deputy Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Canarian Government, through the public corporation, Canarias Cultura en Red, annually announces financial help destined to encourage the production and development of audiovisual works by means of the financial co-production formula for audiovisual cinematographic projects, televisions and the backing of short films.
Each year, the presentation dates and periods of financial help and subsidies vary, for which reason the Gran Canaria Film Commission recommends that those production companies interested in opting to some of these financial helps, periodically consult the web page of the Regional Deputy Ministry of Culture and Sport of the Canary Islands.
Information and Terms and Conditions of the official announcements: The Regional Deputy Ministry of Culture and Sport
Telephone: (+34) 902 400 622
- Cabildo de Gran Canaria (The Council of Gran Canaria)
The Regional Ministry of Culture and Historic and Cultural Heritage of the Council of Gran Canaria destines help to audiovisual production. The last financial help announced was: the Contest of Projects for the Encouragement of Audiovisual Creation and the Contest of Documentary Scripts, both in 2007.
- Spanish Government
The Ministry of Culture of the Spanish Government annually carries out announcements for grants, financial help and subsidies to cinematographic production:
- Financial help for the organisation and development, in Spain, of festivals and cinematographic and audiovisual arts contests.
- Agreement with ICO for the establishment of a line of financing for cinematographic production and help towards reducing interests derived from conceded loans.
- Help to short films produced.
- Help for the production of short films.
- Help for the conservation of negatives and original support material.
- Help for the distribution of European community cinematographic films.
- Help for the production of feature films that incorporate new directors, for the production of experimental works of artistic and cultural content and of documentaries and pilot animation series.
- Help for the repayment of feature films.
- Help for the development of scripts for feature films.
Information and Terms and Conditions of the announcements: Grants, help and subsidies for Film and Audiovisual Work
- European Union
Media Desk España, which depends on the Education and Culture General Administration, is one of the representational offices of the European Programme of Support to the Audiovisual Industry (MEDIA), in Spain.The MEDIA Desk España Office has constituted a Private Cultural Foundation, whose employers are the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (ICAA), the Entity for the Management of the Spanish Audiovisual Producers’ rights (EGEDA) and the Federation of Associations of Spanish Audiovisual Producers (FAPAE).
MEDIA Desk España works at the service of the Spanish firms in the sectors of production, distribution and exhibition, cinematography, audiovisuals and new technologies; offering an information, consulting and update service around the priority fundamental points of the MEDIA Programme, the:
- Development of cinematographic, audiovisual and multimedia works
- Distribution of films, audiovisual and multimedia works
- Promotion and access to the European audiovisual markets
- Support for Festivals
- Training of professionals
MEDIA Desk España also offers support to pilot projects that promote the heritage and the European audiovisual archives, or develop on-line services and the improvement of access to European contents for theme channels with advanced services in digital broadcasting.
Information and Announcements: Media Desk España
- Latin America
The Latin American summit of Heads of State and Government held in Venezuela in 1997 launched the Support Programmes for the Latin American Audiovisual Production (IBERMEDIA).
Latin American fund IBERMEDIA forms part of the audiovisual politics of the Conference of Audiovisual and Cinematographic Authorities of Latin America (CAACI), and tries to promote, with financial help, the creation of a Latin American audiovisual space. Amongst its objectives are to:
- Promote by means of technical and financial assistance the development of co-production projects presented by independent Latin American producers, including the use of the audiovisual heritage.
- Support the Latin American production companies capable of developing such projects.
- Encourage the integration of Latin American production company networks directed towards these co-productions.
The programme centres its field of action on four fundamental points:
- Support towards the Co-production of Latin American films
- Support towards the Distribution and Promotion of Latin American films
- Development of Latin American Film and Television projects
- Support towards Training Programmes directed at Latin American audiovisual industry professionals
The IBERMEDIA fund is at present ratified by the following eighteen member states and observers belonging to the CAACI which finances the Programme: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela.
The calendar for the presentation of applications for the year 2009: